Friday’s weigh-ins ahead of UFC 291 on Saturday night in Salt Lake City went off without a hitch. Well, mostly.
The two men in the pay-per-view main event, Justin Gaethje and Dustin Poirer, both hit their marks on the scales ahead of their ‘BMF’ title bout in main event. The co-main event also went off without a hit as former light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz hit championship weight for the (non-title) fight with former middleweight champion Alex Pereira, who hit 205.5. The fight is generally considered to be a number one contender fight for the title vacated in recent weeks by Jamahal Hill due to him suffering a serious achilles injury.
The sole main carder to miss weight was Michel Pereira who came in at 174 for his welterweight fight with Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson.
The other main card fights — a lightweight bout between Tony Ferguson and Bobby Green and a welterweight contest between Kevin Holland and Michael Chiesa — also all passed without any drama.
The full UFC 291 weigh-in results are:
- Dustin Poirier (155) vs. Justin Gaethje (156)
- Jan Blachowicz (205) vs. Alex Pereira (205.5)
- Michel Pereira (174) vs. Stephen Thompson (170.5) — Pereira missed weight
- Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Bobby Green (155.5)
- Michael Chiesa (170) vs. Kevin Holland (169.5)
- Gabriel Bonfim (170) vs. Trevin Giles (170)
- Derrick Lewis (263.5) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (262)
- Roman Kopylov (185) vs. Claudio Ribeiro (185.5)
- Darrius Flowers (170.5) vs. Jake Matthews (170)
- Vinicius Salvador (128.5) vs. CJ Vergara (125.5 — Salvador missed weight
- Uros Medic (170.5) vs. Matthew Semelsberger (169.5
- Priscila Cachoeira (125) vs. Miranda Maverick (125.5)